I’ve been loving No Man’s Sky over the past week. It’s like it was built for me.
If you look at the subreddit or other various community places, though, you get a very different reaction. It seems a love or hate thing. Some people feel lied to about what kind of game they were getting. I think that’s kind of silly. Unless you didn’t pay attention to anything the developers showed or spoke about, I don’t understand where some of those preconceived notions came from.
In any regard, I don’t feel lied to. I think it’s an amazing game that’s well worth the $60. I’ve already gotten more play time out of this game that some others with the same price point. Everything from here out is just gravy. Sweet, sweet gravy. And biscuits.
That said, of course there’s some stuff I’d like to see fixed/tweaked. Apparently there’s already a patch in test for frame rate drops. PC users can already try it out through Steam.
I’m not sure what all will be in that new build, but here are some things I’d like to see fixed or done differently.
- Launching sends you into space
- Bigger hit box or fix hit box on plants
- There have been a bunch of times where I’ve had to back away and reorient myself so the icon to mine something like Zinc appears
- Frame rate drops
- PS4 application crash frequency
- This doesn’t happen a ton but it’s more than most any other game on the PS4 I’ve played. I can’t recreate it but it seems like it’s more apt to happen when warping to a new system
- Online Services Not Available
- not 100% sure if I’m missing something by this rarely being connected…but it’s red and I don’t like that.
I haven’t run into a bunch of legit bugs.
- Translate and rotate on all axes in ship
- I want a response more like Elite for the ship. I want to be able to precision land and hover around something
- Mine pillars from the ship
- Big ole blob of Heridium sticking out of the ground that I can shoot from the ship.
- More variety in blueprints
- This would basically be new content…I’ve think I’ve already unlocked all the potential upgrades and components available.
- Automatic recharge
- I’d love to see the boltcaster (and anything that requires power) go ahead and recharge itself when it runs out. Especially when I have 4 sentinels on me.
- Sentinels don’t attack when you’re in interactions
- So if I’m considering swapping ships with a crashed on I’ve found or I’m pondering the correct answer at a monolith, don’t hassle me bro. Messing around in my inventory? Sure. Come at me.
- Dismiss way-points
- After a couple of hours on a planet you accumulate a good number of way-points. Only way to get rid of them is to visit. I’d like to be able to deactivate some and then switch them back on when I’m ready to do new stuff. This is especially beneficial if you decide to hit up a new planet.
- Large cargo ships need to be a little more forgiving
- I’m all about increasing my standing and taking out pirates. But if I’m coming up on one that’s between me and the cargo ship, just one bolt gone awry makes me a pirate.
What are some things you’d like to see change?